Thursday, May 7, 2015
We asked several of our Jack Walkers what they miss out SFA during the summer.
Here is what they had to say...
1) Ariana Smith (left) - "I am going to miss the organization's tables that are usually set up outside of the student center and in the yard giving out free food!"
2) Jake Miserak (middle) - "I'm going to miss throwing up my axe 'em in every picture I take! People think I'm crazy back home."
3) Bobby Morris (left) - "I'm going to miss all the pine trees & nice weather that makes for a good day of adventuring with your friends. We don't have trees in Austin, haha"
4) Holly Clay (left) - "I'm going to miss late night Einstein's runs with friends while studying at the library!"
5) Jermaine Merritt (right) - "I miss the hustle and bustle of campus and seeing all of the students, faculty and staff and more, going about their day here at Stephen F. Austin."
Wishing all of our Lumberjacks a successful finals week and an even better summer!
Axe 'Em Jacks!
Friday, May 1, 2015
It is today that hundreds of students earned their SFA rings, several of which were Jack Walkers.
It is an honor only upper class-men qualify for.
The ring symbolizes achievement and promise for your future as a forever Lumberjack.
Below, our very own Lumberjacks explain why their ring means so much to them on this special day.
This day is important to me because I view the Big Dip as a day to reflect on all of my earned achievements, thus far, and to enjoy participating in an unforgettable SFA tradition."
Today is important to me because this shows the work that I've put in to achieve this milestone in my career at SFA and because I get to enjoy this amazing tradition with some of my closet friends that are also receiving their rings."
Maddie Lane: "Today is important to me because I just gained another family! I love SFA and all of the friends I have made while here. It's so special to me to share today with so many amazing people!"
Congrats to our Jacks!